Calling all mamas who need a SUPER EASY go-to recipe that takes about 5 minutes. Okay you guys.. This thing is SO easy to make and it’s delicious! My sisters Mother-in-Law made this for them while I was in Arkansas visiting and I have been making it ever since. We follow this recipe with a couple of edits, but I have listed all the ingredients with edits below and what we normally serve with it. I hope you all try it and let me know what you think!
- 1 (3-4 pounds) chuck roast
- 1 packet ranch dressing seasoning mix (make sure you get the ranch dressing SEASONING mix)
- 1 packet au jus gravy mix
- 1/4 cup UNSALTED butter (make sure its unsalted or it will be too salty)
- 5-7 pepperoncini peppers
Place roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle the top with the ranch dressing seasoning mix and the au jus mix. Place peppers on top of the mixes, and add the unsalted butter.
Cook over low heat for 8 hours.
- Remove roast when it’s done and set aside. Add a little flour and cold water to the mixture and stir for the gravy. Add however much flour you want depending on how thick you want your gravy. We normally add around 5 tablespoons or so.
Instant mashed potatoes, rolls, & green beans! Enjoy!
Now heading to Kroger to grab a roast because I think I’ll have to make this tonight! 🙂
Want some more easy go-to recipes? Just click the tab at the top of my blog that says “around the home” and scroll to cooking. I only have a few so far, but I will be posting more for you to come so stay tuned!