When I decided to start blogging again, I really wanted my readers to get a chance to get to know me and the path that I took to get me to where I am today. Though sometimes that’s challenging when it’s all behind a computer. Something I thought would be fun to do is a “Throwback Thursday Series”. Over the next 4 weeks, I will share a Throwback Thursday post for each of the segments that I discuss on my blog: about me, my style, a big life event, and a throwback of an early stage of motherhood.
With that being said, today’s series is about me. Some of these questions are related to my past, some about the future and some are just fun so you can get to know me a little better. You’ve asked, and I’ve answered below.
1. How did you come up with the name Mama’s Lookbook? A Lookbook is a collection of photographs compiled to show off a model, photographer, style, stylist, or clothing line. We used this term a lot at the Art Institute (I studied Fashion Marketing & Management believe it or not). When I decided to start blogging again, I knew I wanted to share things that every Mama could relate to. I have always loved clothes and trying to be “stylish” but ever since having a baby, my wardrobe pretty much consists of leggings and t-shirts. I decided Mama’s Lookbook would be a perfect name for my creative outlet where other mamas can be inspired. Plus, this gives me a reason to get out of those leggings from time to time. I share cute & comfortable outfits for moms that are effortless, while also providing encouragement from my own personal experiences.
2. What are you looking forward to in the coming months? Watching Brady grow. He is doing something new every day and I think this is my favorite age yet! His 2nd birthday is coming up in July and I can’t wait to see all of our friends and family. I also can’t wait to spend the summer playing in our backyard and laying by the pool!
3. What website do you visit most often? I’d have to say Facebook. I have always loved keeping up with my family and friends through social media since most of them live far away. Now that I am a Facebook Ads Manager, I can’t really get away from it, even if I wanted to! 🙂
4. What did you think you would grow out of but haven’t? Biting my nails. Eww I know right! I have done it for as long as I can remember. I have googled tips on how to quit and I know it is SO gross, but it is a bad habit of mine and something I do when I get anxious or when I watch Dateline. 🙂
5. What is something that your friends would consider “so you”? Anything gold foiled.
6. What are you addicted to? Dr. Pepper- I have to have one everyday or I get a headache. True story.
7. What’s the best way to start the day? Read something positive.
8. Where is the most interesting place you’ve been? Italy & Turkey
9. What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?How to plan a party on a budget.
10. Where did you meet your husband? A dating app! Ha!! Yes I know it’s pretty crazy and for the longest time we didn’t tell people where, but we did and I am SO happy I got on that app!
11. How do you relax after a hard day of work? A big glass of wine and a bubble bath. I LOVE taking baths and it is so relaxing to me.
12. What’s your claim to fame? While in college I worked at Belk Corporate in the styling department. We styled models for the catalogs. One night I was invited to work a fashion show for Kristin Davis (from Sex & the City) and while backstage dressing the models, she came up to me and we chatted it up for like 10 minutes! It was pretty awesome and something I will never forget!
13. Who’s your go to band or artist when you can’t decide on something to listen to? Eric Church
14. When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with? Fashion or relationship advice. I am no expert on both, but I am brutally honest and a really good listener.
15. What’s something you are self-conscious about? My weight. Baby weight is no joke.
16. What challenging thing are you working through these days? How to balance it all. I am one to definitely add to my plate constantly and I love it that way, but lately it’s just working through finding the balance in it all.
17. What are some of the events in your life that made you who you are? Moving from Arkansas to North Carolina on my own to attend college, moving across country after school to California, Meeting my husband, getting married and having a baby!
18.What’s the title of the current chapter of your life? Moving Back to the South
19. What is your favorite color? Turquoise
20. What do you want to be remembered for? Having a big heart & always being kind and respectful.
That’s it for this series and I hope y’all all enjoyed and learned a fun fact that maybe you didn’t know before. I would love to hear about my readers! Leave a comment and let me know a fun fact about you! Next week I will have a really fun throwback Thursday post you won’t want to miss so be sure you sign up over on the right to follow my blog! You won’t get spam mail, just alerts straight to your inbox of when I post! 🙂
Thanks for reading!
Xoxo – Julie